Re: [HACKERS] select like...not using index

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>, "PgSql-Win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] select like...not using index
Date: 2004-06-07 19:24:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32 pgsql-patches

>> Here is what I think happened (this might be a bug, might not): Each
>> night I run initdb but I use a special postgresql.conf which is
>> optimized for quick data loading. This is copied over the
>default one
>> after the server is started. This contains the locale
>information which
>> is 'initialized by initdb'. These were still 'C' because
>this file was
>> generated before the default locale was changed. psql shows this
>> information when you ask it for the locale info even if it is
>> incorrect.
>
>I don't believe this for a minute. lc_ctype and lc_collate can *not*
>be set from postgresql.conf. Try it.

It certainly doesn't. There still was a bug with the locale stuff,
though - the GUC variable was not set in the child processes. So "show
lc_collate" would *always* return "C", for example. attached patch fixes
this.

//Magnus

Attachment Content-Type Size
locale_guc.patch application/octet-stream 772 bytes