Re: Runtime Problems

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Richard Luckhurst" <rickl(at)soundadvice(dot)aunz(dot)net>
Cc: "PGSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Runtime Problems
Date: 2004-05-18 07:35:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> > So even with a precompiled binary I still get
> >
> > initdb -D c:\pgsql\data -W --lc-collate=C Bad command or file name
> > fgets failure: No error Bad command or file name fgets failure: No
> > error The program "postgres" is needed by initdb but was
> not found in
> > the directory "c:/msys/1.0/local/pgsql/bin". Check your installation
>
> OK, is 'initdb' in c:/msys/1.0/local/pgsql/bin or somewhere
> else?  Where are you downloading this binary?  Is it possible
> it isn't getting updated nightly?

Merlin is having build problems with the current CVS, and has been
having for a couple of days, so the binary keeps refreshing the old
version.

Question: Is it in some way possible to get the "snapshot date" put into
the version string when you're compiling a nonrelease build? In the
"select version()" string?
I'm sure it would help in some cases :-), but I have no idea how much
work it would be, or if it's even possible.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Richard LuckhurstDate: 2004-05-18 09:37:34