Re: APC/socket fix (final?)

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Claudio Natoli" <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>, <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: APC/socket fix (final?)
Date: 2004-03-26 23:22:31
Lists: pgsql-patches

>> I don't think it's a good idea in general to redefine something as
>> fundamental as select, send, recv etc from libpq-fe.h (or
>files included
>> from there).
>
>Certainly not; the redefinition would have to be in files that are not
>part of the exported API. However this is not difficult.
>port.h is not
>included by libpq-fe.h.

I just realised that. I read too many files in parallell and got the
idea that it was included in libpq-fe.h. My mistake, sorry.

Then yes, we probably want to get that thing done for libpq as well.
Though socket operations in APCs arne't exactly common, we know for a
fact that they can give you interesting and incorrect results :-)
Whatever method we choose should probably be applied to the frontend as
well, yes.

//Magnus