Re: pg_ctl

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "David Garamond" <lists(at)zara(dot)6(dot)isreserved(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers-win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_ctl
Date: 2004-03-24 22:30:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> >>Are we now in a state where it would make sense to look at doing
> >>pg_ctl
> >>in C?
> >
> > Why bother?  I should think that Windows users want to run PG as a
> > service.
>
> Except when a non administrator wants to run his own PG instance.

This is one of the reasons why a pg_ctl is still needed. The other is if
you run the server in debugging on the commandline. You can shut it down
with Ctrl-C, but you can't send signals to reload etc.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Claudio NatoliDate: 2004-03-24 23:10:01
Previous:From: David GaramondDate: 2004-03-24 20:14:22