Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: vs.

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] The Name Game: vs.
Date: 2004-03-12 11:39:03
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-www
> However, some of the "porting" team felt that it would be
> confusing for people
> who typed in to be presented with the
> GForge interface,
> and suggested that we use the domain after what we'll be
> calling the new
> Tool, namely pgFoundry, thus putting stuff at and
> <projectname>

Can't the frontpage for the GForge interface be changed slightly? If the
frontpage was redesigned to state clearly that it's a "community
development site", and "go here for the site about the main postgresql
proejct", that should take care of the users that typed in instead of .org.
Then the sites themselves would be as is usual
with gforge.

FWIW, I agree with those who feel that is not really
intuitive to go when looking for postgresql stuff, if you can't tell
that from above :-)

pgsql-www by date