Re: Can't connect after restart

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Audrey Bergeron-Morin" <audreybmorin2(at)yahoo(dot)com>,<pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't connect after restart
Date: 2005-08-06 17:30:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> > servicing requests
> > >
> > > Probably. The guy who installed it was going
> > pretty fast, and
> > > I'm not sure he went and stopped the postmaster in
> > between;
> > > he probably just hit uninstall and then
> > double-click on the
> > > installer file. But it's still weird.
> >
> > Now that I think of it, ther eis another option. Did you only use
> > pgadmin and/or the icons added to the start menu for psql? Because
> > those access the registry for the port number to the backend, and
> > there may be something happening there with the uninstlal/reinstall
> > thing.
>
> We started/stopped the service a couple of times in Windows
> Services manager, but other than that we used only pgAdmin
> and the start menu icons. I'm not sure what you're saying
> here, what's your theory?

I wouldn't call it a theory, more like a guess ;)

The idea is that windows sometimes to some funky stuff with startmenu
shortcuts - and since some connection information is stored there, it
might be that those weren't of the same version as the installed
postgresql.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date