Re: Updated instrumentation patch

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updated instrumentation patch
Date: 2005-07-30 16:10:35
Lists: pgsql-patches

I'm sorry, but then why the **** did my question:

> And finally, with something like that in place, would you be fine with
> the file editing functions as they stand (limiting them to the pg
> directories, as I believe it does)?

get the answer:
> I'm OK with them even without the directory limitation as long as
> there's a way to disable them.

If you had just said from the start that these functions would not be
accepted even if the specific concerns raised were fixed, a lot of time
invested by a lot of people would not have been necessary.

I guess I just join the rank of people giving up on this. Too bad for
the people who want to be able to remotely admin their stuff, because I
now think everybody who actually cared have given up.

//Magnus