Re: Can't connect after restart

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Audrey Bergeron-Morin" <audreybmorin2(at)yahoo(dot)com>,<pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't connect after restart
Date: 2005-07-28 19:56:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> > Any chance the old postmaster was still around servicing requests
> > without having reloaded the config filE?
>
> Probably. The guy who installed it was going pretty fast, and
> I'm not sure he went and stopped the postmaster in between;
> he probably just hit uninstall and then double-click on the
> installer file. But it's still weird.

Now that I think of it, ther eis another option. Did you only use
pgadmin and/or the icons added to the start menu for psql? Because those
access the registry for the port number to the backend, and there may be
something happening there with the uninstlal/reinstall thing.

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date