Re: FYI, Windows buildfarm member passes all PL regression tests

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,"pgsql-hackers-win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FYI, Windows buildfarm member passes all PL regression tests
Date: 2005-07-08 06:29:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> Today I got done an item that's been on my TODO list for some
> time - I got my Windows buildfarm member building with all 3
> optional PLs and passing all their regression tests. In each
> case (perl, python, tcl) I used the ActiveState versions,
> rather than building my own. This is the first time we have
> done this on a Windows buildfarm member.

Don't run with ActiveState Python. Run with the official win32 python
from the python guys themselves. There were some issues with
ActiveState, but I can't remember what they were. Could be that they are
fixed now, but I still think relying on the official distribution is
better when available (the python guys put out a win32 binary
distribution, unlike for example perl (last time I checked)).

That said, this is good news indeed :-)

//Magnus

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date