Re: PostgreSQL Engineer Wanted

From: Marcus Whitney <marcus(at)myemma(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Engineer Wanted
Date: 2007-02-02 16:32:15
Lists: pgsql-jobs
PostgreSQL Database Engineer

Emma (www.myemma.com), the Web-based service that helps organizations
around the world streamline their email marketing and communications,
is looking for someone to join our information systems team as the
guru of all things database.

We're looking for a PostgreSQL expert, perhaps even someone with
experience working on the actual PostgreSQL distribution or a well
used project on PgFoundry. This person will engineer and administer
our large PostgreSQL environment, lead schema architecture
initiatives, work closely with the development team to optimize data
queries, and help determine what the future database needs are for
our fast-growing product and customer base.

This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who loves working with
PostgreSQL and wants to help steer PostgreSQL into greater enterprise
prominence.  Emma is on the forefront of the Open Source business
movement and offers a unique opportunity to take part in some of the
most challenging, interesting systems and development work in the
country.  Slony, Tablespaces, Constraint Exclusion, Inheritence and
lots of pl/PgSQL are just some of the things we are looking for this
expert to command as he or she helps us make Emma a PostgreSQL
implementation worthy of a Slashdot mention.

Emma offers very competitive salaries, a health plan, 401(k), and a
culture that's open, creative, and cubicle-free. This job is based in
Nashville, and the start date is flexible.  Relocation is possible
for the right candidate.

Must Haves:

-> Experience administrating production-level databases.

-> PostgreSQL expertise.

Interested? Email a cover letter and resume to Marcus Whitney
(marcus(at)myemma(dot)com).
No phone calls, please.

marcus whitney
director of technology, Emma
e: marcus(at)myemma(dot)com
p: 800 595 4401
w: http://www.myemma.com

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: Kevin KempterDate: 2007-02-06 04:12:16