SSL test using psql fails

From: "David Patricola" <david(dot)patricola(at)jefferson(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SSL test using psql fails
Date: 2011-03-24 20:02:47
Lists: pgsql-novice
I set up server.crt, root.crt and servery.key in postgresql (using
<> for instructions), set ssl
= on and restarted the service successfully.

However, as I test the connection with psql to see if it's running in SSL I
get the following:

-bash-3.2$ psql -h localhost -U dbadmin
psql: could not open certificate file
"/var/lib/pgsql/.postgresql/postgresql.crt": No such file or directory

I have the certificates stores in lib/pgsql/data/, where they should be, so
what's the disconnect between the top example and the following one? explains how to test
locally if running in SSL

David Patricola | Senior Cold Fusion Developer | Web Applications & Services
| Jefferson Information Technologies

Thomas Jefferson Universtiy | Philadelphia, PA | 215.503.1715 (Office)

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: LewDate: 2011-03-26 13:06:09