Problem with Oracle, ODBC and Postgresql

From: Raul Orduna <rorduna(at)tracasa(dot)es>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with Oracle, ODBC and Postgresql
Date: 2009-03-27 12:44:13
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Summarizing:

I have a dump of postgress data I must migrate to Oracle (a really complex project...really). The process must be iterative and repeatedly.

The OS are linux for Oracle and odbc machines and postgresql is in windows.

For this objective I want to access from oracle to postgresql via heterogeneous services and odbc. This integration, theoretically simple, cause problems in both sides.

The oracle part was through dg4odbc and unixODBC.

I use the standard driver for odbcposgres included in unixODBC "/usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so" (with isql I can connect to postgresql through unixodbc). But with dg4odbc an error affecting the types of SQLGetInfo arises.

I am trying to build the last driver of psqlodbc-08-08-0400 but I obtain conflicts with installation of unixODBC.

I try to avoid them renaming the with-unixodbc clauses, but I obtain more errors.

Some idea?

Raúl