Enable Syslog on Postgres

From: "Bansal, Gaurav (Gaurav)" <gbansal(at)avaya(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Enable Syslog on Postgres
Date: 2007-11-28 10:55:38
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have installed Postgres 8.2.5 on windows xp machine using the windows
installer. I am trying to enable syslogs on Postgres so that all
Postgress logs should be forwarded Syslog server. I have installed
Syslog server WinSyslog on the same machine.

I have modified 'log_destination' parameter value in postgresql.conf to
'syslog'. However, the database server fails to start and print
following error message:

FATAL:  invalid value for parameter "log_destination": "syslog"

Also, I want to know how can I forward logs to a syslog server installed
on a machine different from database server's machine.

Any help/ pointer is much appreciated.

Regards
Gaurav

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: DineshDate: 2007-11-29 01:05:45