Fwd: Casting issue!!

From: "jose fuenmayor" <jafn82(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: Casting issue!!
Date: 2009-01-07 13:58:17
Lists: pgsql-performance

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jose fuenmayor <jafn82(at)gmail(dot)com>
Date: Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 2:56 PM
Subject: Casting issue!!
To: psql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org

Hi all I am trying to migrate from postgresql 8.2.x to 8.3.x, i have an
issue with casting values when i try to perform the auto cast , it does not
work and I get an error, how can i perform auto casting on 8.3 without
rewrite my source code, I am using pl/pgsql. I mean i dont want to write
value::dataType. I dont want to use explicit type cast. Maybe change
something in the config files? to make it work like 8.2 on tha regard(cast
values).
thanks a lot!!!
Kind Regards;
Jose Fuenmayor