Indexes (Disk space)

From: jose fuenmayor <jafn82(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Indexes (Disk space)
Date: 2005-08-22 17:37:34
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi all,
I have the following question.
Is there anyway for me to know how much space on disk will ocupy an
index, created in a determined row or rows of a table?, anything like
a rule, formula, calculation? that allow me to know in advance how
much space will the index use before actually created it.

I aprecciate all the help you can give me

Thanks in advance.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Sean ChittendenDate: 2005-08-22 17:46:06