RE: OLE DB

From: "Clark, Joel" <jclark(at)lendingtree(dot)com>
To: "'Adam Lang'" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: OLE DB
Date: 2000-11-13 18:00:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have not gotten into the OLEDB provider on a code level as of yet. I
spent a few hours going over the OLEDB SDK, and it will not be a simple
project. The shear number of interfaces I will have to implement is insane.
Not to mention the way Microsoft seems to go around the world to get next
door when they design something. (Have a look at Direct3D sometime *g*) I
will keep the list informed of my progress, or lack thereof. I have
transitioned my main workstation at home to Linux, but I will get my C++
compiler installed on my wife's machine and start coding as soon as I have
some sort of gameplan. In the interim, I might build a simple COM wrapper
to libpq.dll...I really haven't decided how I want to attack this yet.

Joel