RE: Windows application deployment

From: "Clark, Joel" <jclark(at)lendingtree(dot)com>
To: "'Adam Lang'" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Windows application deployment
Date: 2000-10-16 21:07:18
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

This is kind of off-topic, but I am starting on a native OLEDB provider for
ADO. This would eleminate the ODBC driver issue. No ECD yet...

To answer your question, you can do a ::CreateProcess() and then
::WaitForSingleObject() on the HINSTANCE that comes back in
lpProcessInformation->hProcess. The Win32 subsystem will signal the handle
when the process dies, which triggers WaitForSingleObject() to return. If
it is an InstallShield installer, then that won't work because install
shield spawns another process and then kills itself. Hope this helps.

jc