Re: Starting postgres server on mac os x 10.6.8

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
To: Andrew Barinov <abarinov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Starting postgres server on mac os x 10.6.8
Date: 2012-02-05 22:28:20
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Feb 5, 2012, at 3:14 PM, Andrew Barinov wrote:

> This is my first time trying to solve a postgres issue, I just now realized that the command I tried before wasn't to open the logfile but to do something else. I couldn't find the command in the postgres docs to open and see the contents of the logfile, can you tell me what it is?

Ah, there is no such command. The log file is just a plain text file and you open it and look at it however you want: Console.app, cat or more at the command line, pico, vim, emacs, BBEdit, TextWrangler, TextMate, TextEdit or any of a thousand other different ways.

You do need to know where it is of course, and you've used some package manager that puts pg pieces in non-standard locations, so I can't help you with that other than refer you to the docs, if there are any, for that install.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com