autovacuum ignore tables

From: "Sriram Dandapani" <sdandapani(at)counterpane(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: autovacuum ignore tables
Date: 2006-09-28 22:07:07
Lists: pgsql-admin
If I were to specify in the pg_autovacuum catalog that certain high
volume partitioned tables(that get dropped daily) be ignored, then when
autovacuum finishes, will it update the transaction id wraparound
counter (this way, I can get autovacuum to finish quickly )

OR

Will I still need to periodically do vacuumdb -a to take care of the
wraparound problem.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Paul B. AndersonDate: 2006-09-28 22:11:55