Bad Date field

From: Peralta Miguel-MPERALT1 <Miguel(dot)Peralta(at)motorola(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bad Date field
Date: 2001-11-29 16:42:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello everyone:

Would anyone know how to find a bad date field in an external file? I have
an external file that I am using to populate a table using the following
command:
COPY release_data FROM '/home/mperalta/release_data' USING DELIMITERS '|'

When I issue this command, the response afte a while is the following:

ERROR; Bad date external representation '9'

The external file is rather large and I've tried finding this bad date
manually with no success. The table I'm copying into has a datestamp of
type DATE.