setting the block size to a value greater than 32KB

From: umut orhan <umut_angelfire(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: setting the block size to a value greater than 32KB
Date: 2009-11-30 19:24:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong list and the question has already been posted. I'm a newbee in Postgres.

I would like to set the block size used in buffer cache to a specific value which is greater than 32KB (let's say --with-block-size=256). Is there are way to do that? Current version (8.4.1) does not allow me to have such a block size. The maximum value has to be 32KB. Maybe there is a workaround for this...

Thanks a lot,
Regards,
Umut