Re: service 'postmaster' failed: signal 12 raised

From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: Leong_Kuong_Fai <Leong_Kuong_Fai(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)hk>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: service 'postmaster' failed: signal 12 raised
Date: 2006-01-20 12:57:33
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Why don't you use a binary build from cygwin.com/setup.exe ?
For debugging postgresql service problems it's advised to use a bash
running under the account SYSTEM, which is called "sysbash" (search
the cygwin mailinglist)

Trick:
Start a bash via AT in the next minute.

signal 12:
#define SIGSYS  12      /* bad argument to system call */
looks like you compiled your postgresql against the old ipcserver2 libs,
which is picked up by configure if you have still installed it.

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/