Hiring Manager is okay with younger guys who are willing to mentored and
* Administer and operate production and development PostgreSQL database
* Support production and development PostgreSQL database infrastructure.
* Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule for production issues.
* Perform PostgreSQL database backups and data restores.
* Set up replication and disaster recovery for PostgreSQL databases.
* Install, configure, and test new MySQL databases, perform version upgrades
of existing databases.
* Diagnose problems, and monitor database performance.
* Perform tuning of SQL queries.
* Analyze and propose schema changes to PostgreSQL databases.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering or
equivalent work /education.
* Competent to expert PostgreSQL database administrator.
* Proficient with PostgreSQL Database Backup and recovery Process.
* Experience with Linux and Solaris systems administration.
* Experience with Oracle is desirable.
* Proficient in SQL across PostgreSQL and Oracle platforms.
* Experience in identifying, implementing and supporting disaster
recovery/business continuity initiatives.
If you are interested in this position and are a US Citizen/resident, please
submit your resume, salary requirements, and a paragraph (or two)
highlighting your skills/experience as it pertains to this job to
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/-JOB--PostgreSQL-DBA%2C-New-Jersey-%7C-75-100k-%7C-Relo-OK-tf2475573.html#a6903835
Sent from the PostgreSQL - jobs mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: g l||Date: 2006-10-30 21:00:56|
|Subject: Systems Analyst / PostgreSQL Database Administrator|
|Previous:||From: Vincent Lasmarias||Date: 2006-10-19 17:33:06|
|Subject: Postgres DBA Job Opportunity in Vancouver, BC, Canada|