Re: RE: RE: postgresql 7.0 for NT

From: s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net (S(dot) L(dot))
To: rsharma(at)bigstep(dot)net
Cc: fred(at)ontosys(dot)com, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RE: RE: postgresql 7.0 for NT
Date: 2001-06-06 08:18:55
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Rishi Sharma <rsharma(at)Bigstep(dot)net> wrote:

> I'm no expert at configuring webservs with databases - do you have any good
> links so I can approach this problem from the right angle?
>
> My goal is to hook up IIS with postgresql, but no one seems to know how to
> do it.  If I can't access my postgresql data from IIS, I'll have to worry
> about losing my old data or importing it into what ever db I can use.

The prebuild version of php/win32 (current version 4.0.5) at http://www.php.net , contains the driver for postgresql, and also has the capabilities to install under IIS as either a cgi application or as a sapi module. The build is a native win32 port, so there is no need for cygwin. Although if you use a NT version of postgresql, you need a cygwin installed.

I didn't test it in this environment but it should work work fine.

N.B. The distribution also includes a precompiled win32 libpq.dll (which is necessary for a proper mod_pgsql.dll working).

                             SLao