Bug? Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu function?==?UTF-8?Q? when using remote pg client.

From: Tomasz Olszak <tolszak(at)o2(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug? Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu function?==?UTF-8?Q? when using remote pg client.
Date: 2009-03-14 13:13:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Greetings to All!
 I've tried to find solution of my problem on other pg mailing lists but without bigger effect.
I have a table A in PG. There is also table A in Oracle.
 I want to import specific row from oracle to pg, so i create plperlu function
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION import.ora_a_row(a_id numeric)
 RETURNS dok_za AS
 select all columns on oracle from table a where id = a_id;
 returning tuple;
then i can use such function in pl/pgsql;
 select * into var from import.ora_a_row(100);
Like you see it very, very convenient.
And it works, but only when i make "select * from import.ora_a_row(100);" from psql  on postgresql server(local client).
 When i try to make that select in pgadmin or from remote client I have tns error:
TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach) at line 20
I've tried with different pg servers and different perls, and differen DBI Oracle packages, so i think pg or perl versions are not causes(Of course environment variables are propably set etc.).
When I used PGADMIN 1.6 on postgresql server and left host editline blank(specifying only a pgport) it worked too.
 But when I've written localhost as host it didn't work.
Anybody ancounter this kind of problem or maybe it's a bug in plperlu?
I'll be grateful for any of Your help.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: tusharDate: 2009-03-14 13:45:20