Re: WAL files backup

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pedro noticioso <cucnews(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WAL files backup
Date: 2007-02-16 03:12:49
Lists: pgsql-admin
pedro noticioso <cucnews(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> I created a log of my complete procedure so far, and
> the error message at the end, pleasse help me find
> exactly what is wrong, thanks

It looks to me like you've gotten confused about which installation is
the original and which is the attempted recovery.  This log message:

> LOG:  database system was shut down at 2007-02-15

should certainly not appear if you were starting a postmaster in a
database tree that had been copied from a live installation.  Also,
the next line ought to be "starting archive recovery"; since it's
not, that means the postmaster didn't see a recovery.conf file.