Re: Committers info for the git migration - URGENT!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Committers info for the git migration - URGENT!
Date: 2010-08-26 13:32:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Dan McGuirk is definitely right. I do not remember Julian Assange at
> all. Why do we believe it is Julian Assange?

There's half a dozen commits from back around 1996 applied by Marc
on behalf of Julian Assange <proff(at)suburbia(dot)net>, and then about
half a dozen committed by "julian" without any other ID. The first
of the former is

* src/: bin/monitor/monitor.c, bin/psql/psql.c,
interfaces/libpq/fe-exec.c, interfaces/libpq/libpq-fe.h: libpq and
psql.c have been modified to do various things they didn't do
before (plus some optimisations/bug fixes et al). I've included a
small demo transcript below. Note that all of of the display
functionality/intelligence you see here, can be had merely by
calling the new LIBPQ PQprint() routine with the appropriate
arguments/options, including the HTML3 output guff.

submitted by: Julian Assange <proff(at)suburbia(dot)net>

and the last of the latter is

* src/bin/psql/psql.c: command line flag for expanded display '-x'
had logic reversed

So far as I can see, he only contributed to psql not the backend.

Oh wait, here is one where he identifies himself as "proff":

* src/bin/psql/psql.c: Large re-write/enhancement. In pg-101 Jolly
only included a smaller part of my (proff) patch. This is the rest
of it, with a few, mainly aesthetic changes. I've removed a lot of
redundency from the original code, added support for the new
PQprint() routines in libpq, expanded tables, and a few generally
nifty ways of massaging data in and out of the backend. Still needs
some good stress testing.

So this committer is him, not some other Julian.