Re: join and sort on 'best match'

From: "Ashish Ahlawat" <ahlawat(dot)ashish(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Markus Schaber" <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: join and sort on 'best match'
Date: 2006-12-15 16:40:22
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hi team

I was just asking that If table ITEM3 has all the columns then why we need
to have a join ?? even we put a sorting very easily.

*** Any way  I have a very intersting question to all of you. I want to
fetch more that 70,000 BLOB from different customer servers. the issue is
there are some BOLB files with common names on all servers. So I want merge
these files into a single BLOB during  fetching data. I am able to fetch
the  BLOB data from all cust servers but unfortunatelly it overwrite
previous file.

So pls provide any simple query format for the same, assuming two table tab1
& tab 2.

Ashish  ............. INDIA