Fwd: Problem while using createdb for the first time

From: Serge Fonville <serge(dot)fonville(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: Problem while using createdb for the first time
Date: 2009-06-30 09:04:12
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

> It goes like this,
>
> c:\>createdb demo
> Password:
> createdb: couldnot connect to database postgres: FATAL: Password authentication failed for user 'prof'.
>
> I made the following change in pg_hba.conf and it still did not work.
> local     all      all      127.0.0.1     trust

Just a few questions:
What did your initdb command look like
What version of postgres are you using
What windows version are you using (2005 isn't a windows version)
Did it work in the past
Have you read the manual about pg_hba.conf
What do the logs says when starting the database.
Is it running as a commandline or as a service
What are the starup paramaters.
Have you edited postgresql.conf

HTH

Regards,