Re: Need help (unterminated dollar-quoted string at or near "$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql IMMUTABLE; ")

From: Rob Richardson <RDRichardson(at)rad-con(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need help (unterminated dollar-quoted string at or near "$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql IMMUTABLE; ")
Date: 2012-09-10 13:24:04
Lists: pgsql-novice

That looks to me like an error from PostgreSQL rather than from InstallShield.

When I look at a function that works in my database, I see something like:
CREATE OR REPLACE some_function()
RETURNS integer AS
$BODY$
Begin
return 1;
end;
$BODY$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE
COST 100;

So, I suggest putting something between the two dollar signs. I believe, but I'm not positive, that the text between the dollar signs is merely an identifier. If you don't have that identifier, I can imagine PostgreSQL getting confused.

Good luck!

RobR

P.S. Please keep in mind that this advice may be worth exactly what you have paid for it.