Re: Unwanted time zone conversion

From: Rob Richardson <RDRichardson(at)rad-con(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unwanted time zone conversion
Date: 2012-05-14 14:30:27
Lists: pgsql-novice
To answer my own question, at least partially:  I added a new timestamp without time zone column to my copy of the database, and I copied the data from the event_date column into it using "at time zone 'utc' ".  I have other times stored in the database in both local and UTC time, so the new column gives me direct correlation to times stored in UTC fields.

RobR