Re: Pg_dump

From: Gourish Singbal <gourish(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pg_dump
Date: 2004-12-28 15:55:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

i will try to find the answer in the archives,

Also will having a saperate schema for a set of tables help me in
taking pg_dump only of specific tables. is it possible to create
schema for already existing  postgresql database tables ?.

Also how do i know is any tables need recovery...
like in oracle we come to know from a view called as v$recovery_log.
is some thing like is this possible in postgres.

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:33:37 -0500, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to> writes:
> >   Gourish Singbal <gourish(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >> allows me only to take dump of single table. Is there a way to take
> >> dump of more than one specific tables.
> > I think this is a new feature for 8.0.
> No, it's not in 8.0 either; you still need a separate pg_dump run for each
> table.
>                        regards, tom lane

Gourish Singbal