TEXT or LONGTEXT?

From: Fabiola Fernández <fabiola(dot)fg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: TEXT or LONGTEXT?
Date: 2007-09-24 15:21:25
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hello,

I have a database with an amount of tables and in several of them I have an
attribute for a semantic definition, for which I use a field of type text. I
am trying to decide if it would be worth using LONGTEXT instead of TEXT, as
maybe it would slow down the data insertion and extraction. I hope that you
could help me. Thank you.

--
Fabiola Fernández Gutiérrez
Grupo de Ingeniería Biomédica

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Bill MoranDate: 2007-09-24 15:29:07