Re: Newbie just starting on charting with PHP - and seeking advice on options/approaches

From: "Greg Cocks" <gcocks(at)stoller(dot)com>
To: "Isaac Vetter" <ivetter(at)math(dot)purdue(dot)edu>
Cc: "PostgreSQL List - Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Newbie just starting on charting with PHP - and seeking advice on options/approaches
Date: 2008-01-29 19:22:04
Lists: pgsql-novice
Issac,

Thanks... sorry for the delay in replying...

I like this application... very neat...

I think though that I might be stretching the non-technical users (who are often the senior staff) to get Flash installed and the security opened up, etc...

I have been looking at JpGraph... and Google's API... and I tried PHPlot off SourceForge, true 'roll your own' as someone said...

I like "free" but the canned functionality of JpGraph at a cost of a less than two hours of my charge-out time to the project is tempting - especially as the pro version has Windrose capabilities on the fly (which we would use), something hard to find even in a non-web setting!

Hmmm... so many choices, and as you know once I have started investing  in one solution I will be lax to switch to another!    :-)

Regards,
GREG COCKS
Gcocks|at|stoller.com