Re: Additional items for Win32 TODO list?

From: Horák Daniel <horak(at)sitmp(dot)cz>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Additional items for Win32 TODO list?
Date: 2004-01-28 10:57:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> * various dlls (eg. cyrillic_and_mic.dll) dynamically link to externs
> expected to be supplied by postgres.exe. Unless I'm waaaay
> off the mark
> here, postmaster(.exe), acting in standalone mode, won't be able to
> dynamically load these dlls.

I have only a small remark about dynamicly loaded modules.

In the current state (in Cygwin) is postgres.exe manually linked as a
DLL, but with EXE suffix. So it creates an import library (with all
symbols exported = libpostgres.a) during the process of DLL creation and
all modules are linked with this library. I copied and modified the
process (which calls dlltool many times) very long ago (1998) from some
Cygwin docs about DLL creation.
I think it should be possible to use the same process in Mingw build
process for native PostgreSQL.

			Dan Horak

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Previous:From: Claudio NatoliDate: 2004-01-28 10:46:43
Subject: Additional items for Win32 TODO list?