Re: Out of memory

From: Jeremy Palmer <JPalmer(at)linz(dot)govt(dot)nz>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Out of memory
Date: 2011-03-26 08:57:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Scott,

It was the work_mem that was set too high. I reduced it to 32mb and the function executed.

Just so I understand this. Every time a sort is performed within a function, the sort memory is allocated, and then it not released until the function completes? Rather then deallocating the memory after each sort operation has completed.

Thanks,
Jeremy