Bulk Loading into posgres 8.0.0

From: "Sample, Matt (GE Healthcare)" <Matthew(dot)Sample(at)med(dot)ge(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bulk Loading into posgres 8.0.0
Date: 2004-10-28 15:20:46
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm trying to bulk load CVS data into my postgres database. All my data files contain a field header & most are quote enclosed. Is there an alternative for handling the optionally enclosed feature that does not exist for the COPY FROM?

Is there any word on when COPY will be modified to support both COPY FROM and IGNORE REPLACE?

Matt Sample
Ultrasound L9 DFR/Warranty Champion
GE Healthcare Technologies

T 414.647.6540
F 414.647.4090
C 262.442.0028
D 8*767.6540
E matthew(dot)sample(at)med(dot)ge(dot)com
www.gehealthcare.com