Re: Dupes inserted that violate the PK

From: kevin kempter <kevin(at)kevinkempterllc(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dupes inserted that violate the PK
Date: 2008-07-08 17:04:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a hunch what went wrong. We tested a warm standby failover
while the 'master' was still running - our warm standby includes a
process that grabs the final unarchived WAL segment from the master
pg_xlog directory. I have a hunch that this is where the disconnect
happened, I think the rule needs to be that we only execute a failover
based on bringing the master down as opposed to simply creating the
trigger file.  I'm trying to test this theory out now - I'll update
the list with my findings.