Re: How can i change the Postgres Database password?

From: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Renato Oliveira <renato(dot)oliveira(at)grant(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: muhamed niyas <cmniyas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How can i change the Postgres Database password?
Date: 2010-01-07 08:12:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Probably you have already used that method. But this is not recommended if
you are connected remotely over an unencrypted connection. Anyone can peek
at your network packets and your database may be compromised.

Use either the ENCRYPTED/UNENCRYPTED options, or use a client which will do
this automatically for you. If you change a user's password through pgAdmin,
it automatically takes care of this.

Best regards,

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Renato Oliveira <renato(dot)oliveira(at)grant(dot)co(dot)uk

--
gurjeet.singh
@ EnterpriseDB - The Enterprise Postgres Company

singh(dot)gurjeet(at){ gmail | yahoo }.com
Twitter/Skype: singh_gurjeet

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device