Re: Suppressing occasional failures in copy2 regression test

From: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Stark <greg(dot)stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Suppressing occasional failures in copy2 regression test
Date: 2009-06-21 17:06:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 2:06 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>wrote:

> About the comment in chomp: did you try to use different values of $/?

Well, now that I have tried it, yes, setting $/ to '\r\n' does give me what
I expected. Both expected and result files should have the same kind of line
endings though.

I expected chomp() to "Do The Right Thing" and eat away '\r\n' too, not just
'\n'; my mistake.

Anyway, changing $/ in the script does not seem to be much good for our test
framework. Making sure that the expected and result files have a Unix style
line endings would better stand the test of time.

Another limitation of this script I forgot to mention is that it barfs if
the last line of the expected file is '?/unordered'. Adding it to TODO list.

Best regards,
--
Lets call it Postgres

gurjeet[(dot)singh](at)EnterpriseDB(dot)com
singh(dot)gurjeet(at){ gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com
Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device