User documentation on signal handling

From: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PGSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: User documentation on signal handling
Date: 2009-04-29 03:30:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

I just came across this page from 6.4 docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/6.4/static/signals.htm

Do we have any such doc in our current release? It sure is helpful from user
perspective to understand how Postgres responds to different signals; I just
saw another instance of kill -9 recommendation to kill a backend in the
field.

Best regards,
--
gurjeet[(dot)singh](at)EnterpriseDB(dot)com
singh(dot)gurjeet(at){ gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device