Re: pgadmin3.desktop patch

From: Nathan Egge <nathanegge(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin3.desktop patch
Date: 2007-01-29 09:50:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
I believe I've answered my own question.  The pgadmin3-1.2.2.ebuild contains the following 3 lines that are not in the pgadmin3-1.4.3.ebuild:

dodir /usr/share/applnk/Development
cp ${S}/pkg/pgadmin3.desktop ${D}/usr/share/applnk/Development/pgadmin3.desktop
chmod 644 ${D}/usr/share/applnk/Development/pgadmin3.desktop

The applnk dir is scanned for additional .desktop files to explicitly include based on the file system hierarchy, see the following:

http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/ar01s07.html

This method of categorizing .desktop (placing them in the /applnk directory) entries been deprecated in favor of the Categories line.

I hope this has cleared up any confusion.

Nathan

Nathan Egge <nathanegge(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote: What version of GNOME are you running?  On my 2.14 installation the pgAdmin III entry shows up under Programming just fine.  However, on my fresh 2.16 installation it only shows up if I add that Categories line.

I guess I'm confused about how it was correctly placed on my 2.14 installation.  There must be some configuration file that explicitly placed pgadmin3.dekstop in the right Application.directory.

Any ideas?

Nathan

Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com> wrote: Hi,

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 17:20 -0800, Nathan Egge wrote:
> Are you not seeing this problem with 1.6.2, or are you suggesting my
> patch be applied to 1.6.2?

The former.

REgards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Managed Services, Shared and  Dedicated Hosting

8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: svnDate: 2007-01-31 19:33:27