Re: 2Q: Vacuuming and making queries case insensitive

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Eric Comeau" <Eric(dot)Comeau(at)signiant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, Marc Fournier <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2Q: Vacuuming and making queries case insensitive
Date: 2008-01-28 20:27:45
Lists: pgsql-novice
"Eric Comeau" <Eric(dot)Comeau(at)signiant(dot)com> writes:
> Did CIText get migrated from gborg to pgfoundry or can I just not find
> it there? I checked under PostgreSQL Enhancements/Data Types and tried a
> search.

Hmm, yeah, I don't see it either.  Looking in the pgsql-www archives,
it seems to have been written off as a dead project, but that was
probably a mistake because people are still using it.  Marc, could
you resurrect that project from the backup and put it on pgfoundry?

In the meantime, I have a rather old copy laying about here, which
I attach --- I have not tried it in some time though, it may need
minor fixes to get it to work with recent PG releases.