Re: [DOCS] error in makefile for libpq++ examples

From: bbravat(at)hss(dot)hns(dot)com
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] error in makefile for libpq++ examples
Date: 2000-01-13 12:46:08
Lists: pgsql-docs

Yes, I have the complete install and it is installed properly. [version is
6.5.3] Only point I wanted to mention was this: After installing the complete
postgres, when one tries to compile the examples for libpq++ library which comes
with the installable, using the provided Makefile then it fails to compile the
example. Because in the Makefile inside directory
"postgresql-6.5.3/src/interfaces/libpq++/examples", LDFLAGS option doesn't
contain option -lpq {it contains only -lpq++}. To compile the example I had to
add -lpq option in this Makefile.

My suggestion regarding the documentation was in concern with those C++
programmers who haven't installed postgres but are using it on a system where it
is installed. To help such programmer's these details such as setting of
environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH and include directories can be added in the
programmer's guide. This will surely help the new user of postgres.

Cheers,
Brij

Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com> on 01/13/2000 05:48:47 PM