Using view data tool breaks graphics on XP

From: "Einertson, Joseph T (USA E D EA)" <joseph(dot)einertson(at)siemens(dot)com>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Using view data tool breaks graphics on XP
Date: 2011-06-15 13:04:25
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,
I'm having a sporadic issue with the view data tool in pgAdmin. When I choose certain tables in my database to view, pgAdmin will show the view data window, then the display will freeze for about 10 seconds before Windows switches to 400x600 resolution and 8-bit color. I can view the data just fine after this graphics issue, and only certain tables (actually, certain cells. This sometimes happens on scrolling down within the view data window, and sometimes just when it loads) seem affected. I didn't see anyone else having a similar issue out there, so maybe it's just an issue with my machine's specific config. Here's some specs:

pgAdmin 1.12 (I'm able to reproduce this with older versions as well)
Windows XP SP3
Pentium D @ 3.4 GHz
Intel 82945G Express Chipset graphics
2GB RAM

This issue wouldn't be as annoying, except it requires a full reboot before Windows allows me to switch resolution and color depth back. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe Einertson