Re: odbc (was: Re: ascii to character conversion in postgres)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Alex Sokoloff <alex_sokoloff(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odbc (was: Re: ascii to character conversion in postgres)
Date: 2000-09-19 15:26:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz> writes:
> I don't want make some changes to contrib/odbc, because it's out of
> me... but I have a question, Why in the contrib/odbc/odbc.c are total
> same function as in oracle_compat.c (like ascii(), ichar(), repeat())?

contrib/odbc was a quick hack just before 7.0 release; we had already
frozen the system catalogs for 7.0, and didn't want to force another
initdb for beta testers. It's not supposed to survive into 7.1 --- most
or all of what's in there should be, or perhaps already has been, merged
into the main code.

Thomas did the work on that originally, and might remember more about
whether any of the ODBC compatibility functions ought *not* go into
the main tree.