Re: Primary key duplicates

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Zeki Mokhtarzada <zeki(at)freewebz(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Primary key duplicates
Date: 2004-08-14 02:50:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Zeki Mokhtarzada <zeki(at)freewebz(dot)com> writes:
> It appears that I can select the rows, but not delete or update them.

That's *very* odd, because it works for me. Is the same true of both
those duplicate rows, or did you only try the one with nonzero xmax?

I think there must be something we don't know about the states of those
rows. Could you grab pg_filedump from http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb/
(note: right at the moment that server seems to be down, but I suppose
it'll be up soon) and dump out page 53101 of this table? Usually
I find "-i -f" to be the most informative formatting option.