Re: Indexes slower when used in decending vs. ascending order?

From: "Alasdair Young" <ayoung(at)vigilos(dot)com>
To: "Steve Crawford" <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Indexes slower when used in decending vs. ascending order?
Date: 2006-04-12 18:15:40
Lists: pgsql-novice
I'm basically stuck with that as well: we run a custom kernel and a
stack of drivers that have no support past 7.2 (at least presently) so
it looks like I'll just need to work out a way of getting 8.0 to compile
on rh7.2 (or patching postgres 7.3 with the bugfix and recompiling :)

None of those look like fun, so this issue will probably be added to our
stack of "reasons to upgrade to FC5"

:)

- alasdair