Re: getGeneratedKeys()

From: "Marcus Andree S(dot) Magalhaes" <marcus(dot)magalhaes(at)vlinfo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <henr-and(at)dsv(dot)su(dot)se>
Cc: <johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: getGeneratedKeys()
Date: 2003-12-30 23:28:21
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Guys,

I am too dumb or a simple currval() would be useful?
We solved this by sending two queries in JDBC. The first one inserts
a single record in the db. The other issues a currval on the desired
sequence.
There was a posting a few weeks ago, describing a clever method,
issuing both queries on the same connection by using the ";" operator
to separate the queries.
hope this helps.