read-only UNLOGGED tables

From: Leonardo Francalanci <m_lists(at)yahoo(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: read-only UNLOGGED tables
Date: 2011-03-31 07:57:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

we're inserting tons of rows in some partitioned tables, and to get
more performance out of the system we would like to use UNLOGGED
tables that, after some time, become "regular" tables (at that point, we
wouldn't want to write to them anymore; we could only select or drop
them). Would it be a feature that can be added in the future, assuming
that the tables would then flagged somehow as "read only"?

Leonardo